6.07.2016

#Star Wars or Trek?

Credit to Wars in the Stars blog
OR
Credit due here.
Both of these franchises scream EPIC.

The music.

The mission.

The drama and the action.

EPIC I say!

J. J. Abrams directed the latest installment of Star Wars epicness with Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

There were plenty of naysayers but I'm glad to say I was among the YAYsayers. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I laughed, sat on the edge of my seat, and also cried for that one scene with you know who that just ripped at my heart.

That's right. No spoilers. I simply can not ruin it for you!

Justin Lin has directed the latest installment of Star Trek epicneess with Beyond releasing this summer.
Yes, I will be doing my best to catch this one in the movie theater as soon as it's released, or close to it :-)

Have you had a chance to see all the Star Trek or Star Wars movies available?

I can honestly say that I've seen them all at least once during my lifetime.

Some folks have a preference. I do not prefer one over the other. I'm captivated by the action, the space opera drama and the wide diversity both present. Although I am not deeply into science, the technology they fictionalize fascinates me.

Do you prefer Star Trek over Star Wars
OR
Star Wars over Star Trek?

In the comments below, please share your thoughts on the films, the shows, what you have seen, and if you have a preference, please share why. I'd love to know :-)

21 comments:

  1. When it comes to Star- shows, my preference is actually Stargate. :)

    But between Star Wars and Star Trek, I do love Star Trek more and am more likely to pay for a movie ticket to watch Star Trek as opposed to Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I love it. Enter another Star saga to add to the debate.

      Delete
  2. I think I'm one of the few that haven't seen the new Star Wars film yet, but I don't feel in any rush. I'm a bigger fan of Star Trek, but I'm not rushing out to see the new one either. Now, looking what Cherie said, if they made a new Stargate, oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neither. Both are ok, but too mainstream for me? Stargate I don't know at all. Culturally ignorant again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say you're missing out but the Star game isn't for all peeps. I hope you get a chance to check one of these options out one day :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh, both, though I'm more of a Teek fan, having fallen in love with the original series in my teens. Star Wars, wonderful as it is, is not science fiction. It's epic fantasy with spaceships.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star Trek, definitely. I love all the serials and I've seen several movies, except a couple of the latest ones. Star Wars - not so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen every Star Trek in the theater and every Star Wars. I am so excited about Star Trek Beyond. Husband I will be at the IMAX. We can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping to see Beyond when it releases as well.

      Delete
  7. I am a true trekster. I have watched Star Trek since I was little and loved all the series(except for Deep sh@$(! 9) so this will be the next one to see. I have seen the Star Wars even the middle 3 which are not that good but this Star Trek looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember my very first Star Trek episode. It was "Mudd's Women". It hooked me right away, teenager that I was. The only other vaguely SF thing on TV at the time was Lost In Space(yes, I did see Dr Who and live it, but it was on hiatus at that time... And my parents wouldn't let me watch it because it clashed with the news!)

    I remember my very first viewing of Star Wars, what is now called "A New Hope". The queues were a mile long outside the cinema, but I went at 5.00 pm, when most people were still at work, and got in easily(the next session was another matter - we had to leave through the side doors!). I sat a few rows from the front and let the music and the giant spaceships sweep over me. I was in love!

    And you know what? I think we owe the return of Star Trek to Star Wars, which proved that there was big box office in space opera. Thank you, George Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a floating voter. At the moment, Star Wars is my choice, in part as I play the online game. But I've been a Trek follower for even longer, so will always head on the Voyage Home to my starting point. (But then as a Brit the No 1 has to be Doctor Who...but now Star there as such.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've haven't missed a Star Wars movie, but when the second Star Trek movie came out, I didn't have much motivation to see it. I guess I'm more of a rebel than Trekkie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen all movies for both series, but it's hard to say which I like best, because depending on which time period one is talking about, the answer can be totally different. The middle three Star Wars movies, for example, are best not discussed in public. Of course, I think I'll throw a wrench into the works by saying how much I love the Babylon 5 series. I even got my wife to watch those episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen any of the Star Wars/Trek stuff since the 1970s. I loved the first Star Wars movie, though, but I just don't go to movies. Except Harry Potter. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen one Star Wars film (the first one) and one Star Trek film (the one with Voyager coming back). I'm not a SciFi junky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Star Trek is more to my taste. I love Spock, and the idea of his split personality.

    ReplyDelete

What's happening in your dimension?