3.08.2016

Cathrina's Review of Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo #specfiction #fantasy


Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price--and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums. 
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.  
Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.


Cathrina's Review:

WOW!!! 

Six of Crows is the first book I've read by Leigh Bardugo and I was blown away by her world. 

Since I had not read her other books in the Grisha Series, I was slightly lost in the beginning of the book with the language and the extraordinary abilities of the people. Though, I persevered through a couple of chapters and I'm so happy and delighted that I did. 

Talk about speculative fiction! 

This tale revolves around teenagers between the ages of 15 to 18 years old. And you'll be utterly amazed, IF, this is the type of genre that you love, which I do. 

I was captivated by a convict, a sharpshooter, a runaway, a wraith, a Heartrender and, a thief. A bunch of misfits that come together for a spectacular mission. The story is fast paced, gritty, and full of action.

After reading Six of Crows, I'm not surprised that the author, Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times Bestseller.

13 comments:

  1. Count me in as intrigued. I really, really want to know what a Heartrender's talent is, and Wraith is a wonderful name for a spy.
    Thank you. Something to track down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo. That sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing this great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover and fantastic review. Must add it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that cover! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cover too. And the book sounds like a must read for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your review! My youngest (14) thought it was "okay," but hasn't said much more about it, so I hadn't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is quite a cast of characters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, sounds good. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

What's happening in your dimension?